Bookings are currently unavailable.
The Rockcity Climbing Centre is currently closed.
COVID-Secure Risk Assessment
We have completed COVID secure Risk Assessments and implemented changes to operational procedures.
The most significant change is that everyone will need to prebook their climbing session. This will reduce the queues, make all transaction contactless and will help us manage our significantly reduced capacity, ensuring those inside the centre can maintain COVID secure measures, including social distancing. This will guarantee that if you book a slot you will not be turned away due to our lower capacity limit. This is especially beneficially if you are travelling a long distance to visit the centre, so you won’t be disappointed.
Please rest assured that the following measures are there to help prevent the spread of COVID and to protect our climbing community, our friends and family and the wider community.
As part of our COVID Secure Measure we will now need you to do the following:
- Please stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID or if anyone within your household has symptoms. We will be temperature scanning everyone, including staff, on arrival, every visit as an additional measure. So if you are not feeling 100% do stay at home.
- You must now book your climbing sessions in advance. Sessions are split between bouldering and roped climbing. This allows the centre to operate with a limited capacity, to ensure there is plenty of space for climbers to maintain social distancing. On top of the regular check-in, we will now be checking out climbers as they leave the centre.
- We fully support the government’s latest announcement to wear face masks/coverings in shops, in addition to hospitals and public transport From the 24th July everyone should already have a face mask/covering, so from our first day of opening on the 25th July we believe that we should follow the highest standard. We anticipate that you would only be wearing your face mask/covering for approximately 5 to 10 minute, in our reception, corridors, stairs and toilets. We do not expect you to wear a face mask/covering to climb but you may wish to do so. We have additional signage throughout the centre with information to remind you where to wear your face mask/covering.
- Sanitise your hands before entering and leaving the building (dispensers are provided). Please ensure that you thoroughly wash your hands regularly too.
- Follow all new informational/instructional signs and respect social distancing when arriving and at the centre, entering the reception area and moving around the centre. Use the signed ‘passing points’ where 2 metres social distancing is not possible.
- On arrival, once inside reception please check-in using our RGP self-check-in scanner AND check out before you leave. Please remember to queue responsibly and social distance from other climbers.
- Members are responsible for remaining socially distance when using the centre. If you see someone not respecting social distancing please report it to one of our team on reception immediately.
- We will be allowing liquid chalk only. We will only be selling liquid chalk that has a minimum of 70% alcohol.
- We can no longer refill your water bottles or your reusable coffee cups so please bring your own water. We will have bottled water available to buy in the coffee shop, along with cold drinks, coffee and cakes.
- The coffee shop will have minimum seating spaced-out to comply with social distancing, please do not move any seating and wait to be assigned a table.
- We will only be accepting card payments NOT cash. We will be able to take contactless payment up to £45.
- If possible please do arrive ready to climb and only bring what you need to use.
- Shoe hire and will be available. We will not be hiring chalk/chalk bags.
- You will see an increase of PPE being used in various roles throughout the centre for our team. We will also continue to carry out our regular cleaning of frequent touchpoints throughout the centre.
- We have Perspex screen fitted on reception and in the coffee shop to ensure that our team and our members are protected where face to face transactions take place.
- Lockers will be available to use, you need to bring your own lock. DO NOT leave things overnight in the locker. Sanitise your hands before using the lockers. When you have finished climbing please wash your hands thoroughly before emptying your locker.
- Please do not wear your climbing shoes in the toilets.
We will be regularly monitoring and review our new policies/procedure so please be aware that things may need to be changed. We will keep you all fully up to date with everything as we reopen in phases. Please ensure that we have your current email address to stay connected. As we are already aware of, government guidelines can change quickly, so please bear with us and be patient with our team. We will all need to learn our ‘new normal’, we are all in this together for the benefit of our community.