National Indoor Bouldering Award Scheme
NIBAS – The National Indoor Bouldering Award Scheme is a nationwide course for complete novices through to experienced indoor boulderers. The course aims to introduce young climbers to the skills and techniques in climbing walls without the use of a harness or rope. It is open to candidates aged 7 and upwards.
Due to the high standard of our bouldering and training facilities and the national governing body qualifications held by our coaches and instructors we’ve recently been awarded NIBAS primary centre status.
This is great addition to already being one of the UK’s original NICAS primary centres. Making Rockcity one of only a handful of climbing centres capable of being a primary centre for both NICAS and NIBAS.
The NIBAS scheme is a great place for schools and colleges to progress in climbing with grear learning outcomes.
Aims Of The Scheme are:
- to develop climbing movement skills and improve levels of ability.
- to learn how to use equipment appropriately.
- to develop risk assessment and risk management skills in the sport.
- to work as a team, communicate with, and trust other boulderers.
- to provide a structure for development, motivation and improved performance.
- to develop an understanding of the sport, it’s history and ethics.
- to provide a record of personal achievement.
- to point the way to further disciplines and challenges in climbing beyond the scheme.
We run NIBAS courses every weekend during each term for 4-6 weeks, pop into Rockcity or give us a call to book onto the next available NIBAS course.
Telephone: 01482 223030
Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com
Check out this NIBAS session at Rockcity to get a glimpse at what its all about.